- Hongmei Li-Byarlay, Thomas O'Shea Wheller and myself organized a symposium at the annual meeting of ESA in St. Louis: "The Road to Sociality: Integrated Concepts of Social Behavior in Insects". We had great speakers who presented their fascinating studies on diverse topics using different approaches, and the symposium was well attended. We would like to thank all of the speakers and audience for making the symposium successful!
- Congratulations to Paula Castillo for receiving MUVE student travel award and winning the 2nd place in poster competition at ESA!
- Congratulations to Nathan Le and Ryan Nguyen for receiving Undergraduate Student Research Grants from College of Agriculture!
- Congratulations to Paula Castillo and Joe McCarthy! They both won 1st place award in their competition section at the 10th Annual Entomology Graduate Student Symposium at LSU.
- Welcome to Robert Alleva, a high school student from Episcopal to work on the E-STAAR program with us.
- Welcome to Joseph McCarthy, a new Master's student joining the lab on a Residential Life Assistantship.
- Congratulations to Paula Castillo for receiving a 4-year Economic Development Assistantship from LSU Graduate School to study termite chemosensation!
- Congratulations to Paula Castillo for winning 1st place award in 3-min oral presentations at the 9th Annual Entomology Graduate Student Symposium at LSU!